Achieving success through participation and performance"
The PE Department seeks to help today’s young people develop into adults with a lifetime commitment to sport and physical activity.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of exercise in maintaining a healthy life
- To develop a range of motor skills
- To develop the appreciation of the concepts of fair play and honest competition
- To develop the capacity to persevere to achieve success
- To encourage an intrinsic enjoyment of sport and physical activity
- To strive to raise the standard of physical education and sport for all our students
All pupils also have the opportunity to extend the Outdoor/Adventurous activities programme by attending a residential ‘Camp’ for a week during the summer term.
Extra Curricular Clubs
Hylands School is renowned for its extensive extra-curricular programmes. The PE department see their extra-curricular programme as an imperative role for the overall development of the students at the school.
The extra-curricular programme provides the opportunity to:
- Extend the students’ knowledge and understanding in a variety of activities
- Raise the standards of Physical Education and sport for all our students
- Work towards a particular goal such as a games match or a presentation of a dance performance
- Develop the enjoyment of sport and physical activity at our school
- Promote lifelong physical activity in the youth of tomorrow
- Establish contacts and shared interests with other schools and clubs within the local community.