- Pastoral Care
Keeping A Watchful Eye
Hylands attaches great importance to supporting students in dealing with any difficulties they may have. We are proud of the strong reputation we have for pastoral care in the school. We have successfully put in place structures to look after the welfare of our students.
We strive to get to know our students individually - a process which begins with Tutors. Added to this, we have recently enhanced the structure with creation of a dedicated Pastoral Support Team.
Parents can now contact by phone or email any of the three full-time Pastoral Support Managers who are on hand to deal directly with any problems.
These managers are very proactive. They tour the school, strengthening relationships with their year groups and supporting teachers to ensure every student attains their full potential.
If you would like to visit the school to speak personally with a member of the above pastoral team, please telephone the school for an appointment before arriving to school. If an appropriate member of staff is not available we promise a prompt call as soon as possible.
- Mrs W Foley - Year 7 Pastoral Support Manager
- Mr R Cleevely - Year 8 & 9 Pastoral Support Manager
- Ms J Harris - Year 9 Pastoral Support Manager
- Mr R Hepworth - Year 10 & 11 Pastoral Support Manager
- Mrs M Degge - Key Stage 3 Coordinator / Food Technology Teacher
- Mr J Williams - Key Stage 4 Co-ordinator / PE Teacher
- Mr D Hewlett - Director of Sixth Form
- Mrs G Evans - Child Welfare Officer
- Mr C Ryder - Assistant Headteacher/Inclusion