Key Stage 5
The course is the Edexcel Religious Studies.
Paper 1 Philosophy and Religion
- The design argument
- The cosmological argument
- The ontological argument
- the nature of religious experiences
- The problem of evil and suffering
- religious language.
- works of philosophers Dawkins Westphal, Russell and Copleston
- Religious experiences
- Life after death
- religion and science ref. to Dawkins and Darwin
Paper 2 Religion and Ethics
- Environmental issues equality
- Situation ethics
- natural Moral law
- war and peace
- sexual ethics
- ethical language
- medical ethics: beginning and end of life issues.
Paper 3 a Study of Christianity
- beliefs and values
- wisdom and authority
- religious identity
- social and historical developments
- works of scholars
- religion and society.