Key Stage 5
In Years 12 and 13 we offer the Edexcel GCE Music Technology course. This course encourages students, including those who do not play a traditional instrument, to explore their musicality and to create original material using technology.
This intensive course offers students the chance to develop skills in the following areas:
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Composition skills
The GCE in Music is a widely respected course, providing students with the valuable skills and experience needed for further education and employment.
Music technology careers could include:
- Music Therapist
- Private Music Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
- Sound Technician / Broadcasting / Film / Video
Key Stage 5 Text Books used:
- Edexcel AS/A Level Anthology of Music - ISBN 9781292118369
- We run a diverse range of extra curricular music groups, including: Junior Choir, Senior Choir, Big Band, Keyboard Club, String Group, Blues Band, Senior Jazz.
- We host a number of concerts throughout the year, including: Rock Stars, Christmas Concert, The Summer Festival, The Soul Lounge and regular Chamber Concerts.
- Our students' have entered for local and national music competitions, including 'Britain's Got Talent'.
- We have a full compliment of peripatetic teachers, offering individual tuition on a wide selection of instruments.
- We ensure provision for Gifted and Talented students at all levels by holding performing and composing opportunities throughout the year.
- The Music Department joins forces with the Drama Department each year to produce annual School Musicals and other productions.
- We also run regular Music trips, including an annual Choir and Band trip to continental Europe each year.