Kennedy's Law Legal Apprenticeships
Kennedys Law are delighted to confirm we will be offering Legal Apprenticeships to start in September 2017.
The purpose of this email is to give you as much information as possible, as I’m sure some of your bright students completing their A levels this summer will be interested by this alternative route into law rather than going to university. It is a fantastic opportunity to work, learn and earn.
Kennedys were named as a Top Apprenticeship provider in the Telegraph in 2015 (and were the only law firm to be listed). We have been offering Legal Apprenticeships since 2012, and have created a video featuring our current and previous legal apprentices’ experiences here.
For more information, please like our Facebook page.
We use BPP University Law School as our learning provider for the apprenticeship programme. They have over 20 years’ experience in delivering professional legal qualifications and have earned a place as one of the largest law schools in the UK. BPP also have 7 locations across the UK making it easily accessible for students, in whichever office they are based.
- £18,500 per annum in London
- £15,750 per annum regionally
- All training and qualification costs will be paid for.
- A Higher National Diploma in Legal Practice upon successful completion of the two year apprenticeship.
- There are opportunities to progress to the Solicitor Apprenticeship, which will take apprentices through to qualification as a Solicitor.
- This is an exciting prospect, as up until 2015, the only way students could qualify as a Solicitor was via the traditional university route.
The legal apprenticeship has four key benefits:
- Earn - Students can expect a generous starting salary. All of their training costs are paid for, meaning the ability to gain qualifications with no debt. Starting salaries are £18,500 in London, and £15,750 in the regional offices.
- Learn – we will have a learning provider specialising in law to teach and mentor our apprentices.
- Work – Apprentices will have a dedicated supervisor in one of our legal teams. We encourage our apprentices to take on responsibilities quickly, and they will be involved in legal work from their first week (they will not be limited to the photocopier!)
- Play – our Apprentices enjoy a great social life too, with many social and sporting events taking place after work. Our apprentices also get on very well as a group, and have even been on holidays together.
How to apply:
The closing date to apply is 28 February 2017. To apply, please click on the appropriate office below:
Mitie/ECC Apprenticeship Scheme
-Engineering and Maintenance – Mitie – This would involve either working with our Maintenance Team at County Hall, Chelmsford or working with some of our Technical Facilities Assistants in other ECC hub sites, Ely House, Basildon, Goodman House, Harlow, Essex House, Colchester.
-Mobile Engineering – Mitie – This would be working with our Technical Facilities Assistants at our hub sites or perhaps working with our Mobile Engineering Team.
-Moves and Space Planning – Mitie – This would be based at County Hall working with the Project Co-ordinators and would also involve working off site, depending on project activity.
-Helpdesk - Mitie – This placement would be based at County Hall and would involve taking live calls, working a computer database and general administration.
-Events Management - Mitie - This would be with the ‘Gather and Gather’ Catering Team based at County Hall.
-Records Management - Mitie - This would be based at County Hall and involve file management, logistics monitoring, computer database work and general administration.
-Post Room - Mitie – This would be based at County Hall and involve post and distribution duties, coordination technique and general administration.
-Marketing – ECC, Traded Services - We have links with Essex Education Services based at County Hall. This role may also include general administration duties, education training and development work.
-Schools Communication – ECC – School Transport and Awards, Standards and Excellence Team. This will involve general administration duties and may involve taking live calls. This role is based at County Hall.
- Catering - Mitie – This would be with the ‘Gather and Gather’ Catering Team based at County Hall.
- Business Administration – Mitie – Contract Support, Helpdesk and Facilities Management Team – ECC – Essex Education Services, Waste Strategy Team, School Transport and Awards. These roles are mainly based at County Hall.
-Cleaning – Mitie – This may be based at any one of the hub sites and may involve back office activity and cleaning services.
-Security - Mitie - This will be based at County Hall and may involve back office activity, security patrol, and manning the main reception desk facility.
- Porterage – Mitie – This will mainly involve physical activity where the apprentice will work with the porterage team to complete daily scheduled tasks and adhoc activity based at County Hall.